Scientifically known as MitragynaSpeciosa, Kratom is a plant of the coffee family known to be extensively used by the people of Southeast Asia as a medicinal plant. It has pain relieving and mood-boosting properties that make a person feel good and energetic.
What Is Kratom High?
Kratom, when taken on standard doses, dramatically reduces the pain and work as an alternative treatment for opioid addiction withdrawal symptoms without having any adverse effects. On low doses, it stimulates alertness and sociability. But when Kratom is consumed on high doses, it is not highly beneficial for health.
High doses of Kratom produces effects somewhat similar to that of other opioid consumption, but they are very mild. However, the majority of people don’t consume it to experience the traditional meaning of ‘high.’
Here, kratom high is the legal high which means when consumed in a little higher than the standard dose, it might make you feel “high”.
The symptoms of kratom high include:
- Hallucination: Some people who are high off kratom seem to experience hallucinations. This happens only when it is taken in amounts higher than required by your body.
- Stomach Cramps
- Pinpointed pupils
Just like any other psychoactive substance, it might also have some drawback. Thus, it’s important to take the right dosage to get the utmost benefit from the herbal product, instead of experiencing any of these adverse effects which might occur if you take more than the recommended dosage.
The other effects like relaxing and calming are found in a strain of kratom, namely, Red Vein Borneo. It also has a sedative effect and can help people who are suffering from anxiety issues.
Is Kratom High Different Than Euphoria High?
Kratom high is definitely different than euphoria, or the high one feels after taking other opioids. Usually, kratom high is harmless and causes very few side effects whereas euphoria high due to other opioid consumption is not healthy and might be fatal.
Kratom high stimulates the brain to release dopamine, a feel-good hormone which creates a happy and peaceful environment in mind.
It also relaxes the tension in the muscles of any part of our body and is the best alternative for the management of pain. Kratom high makes the person feel happy, joyous, energetic, sociable, relaxed and at peace.
It does produce some side effects, but those are very few and less harmful. The side effects of kratom high include nausea, hallucinations, psychosis, fatigue, constipation, drowsiness, irritability, and headache.
On the other hand, other opioid drugs such as heroin, morphine, codeine, fentanyl cause euphoria high that are not healthy and can cause serious repercussions when these drugs are taken in high doses.
Long-term usages increase the risk of addiction and severe withdrawal symptoms. Euphoria high due to other opioid consumption causes the following disorders.
- It weakens the immune system.
- It causes serious breathing problems like respiratory depression.
- It can also result in Gastrointestinal disorders like constipation and reduced digestion.
Also, consumption of these opioid drugs has severe withdrawal symptoms like nausea, insomnia, severe headache, restlessness and many more.
The euphoria high caused by these drugs make a person feel temporarily happy at the same time very vulnerable. It reduces the mental balance, and the person also shows aggressive behaviour.
In various states of US, the DEA still consider kratom as a drug of concern, but it’s made legal to use in various states and no longer comes under the controlled drugs list.
It is even marketed as a dietary supplement and reports have shown its desired effects from pain relief to sexual enhancement to have a safe and legal high.
There are few states like New York, North Carolina, etc. where one can even find a drink called as Ketum in the bars.
What Does Kratom Feel Like?
If you consume kratom, it will start showing its effect within 5-15 minutes, and the results remain for 2-5 hours. Under recommended dosage, the drug increases alertness and sociability, but on higher dosages, it might show some similar effects like other opioid drugs.
One can feel the following things while on kratom:
- Reduced anxiety: Kratom soothes the body and relaxes the muscles. It reduces the feeling of sadness and anxiety and calms the mind and body by relaxing the whole system. The effective strains of kratom for lowering anxiety are Borneo Kratom, Bali Kratom, Indo Kratom.
- Euphoria: The intake of Kratom stimulates the brain to release feel-good hormones like dopamine which gives you a wave of happiness and joy. The person after consuming kratom might feel extremely happy and joyous which is why it is said to be a great mood booster.
- Lowered pain sensation: Kratom is popular for its pain relieving abilities, i.e., it reduces several types of pain to a great extent. People who suffer a lot due to pain caused by an injury or surgery seem to relax and relive a lot of pain. It is the only legal high that treats and relieves chronic pain.
- Sociability: The users of kratom feel light and better mood as a result of which they interact with the person next to them very comfortably and gaily. They give good remarks as their sociability is improved after kratom consumption. It doesn’t produce any bad effect similar to what happens when one consumes alcohol or any other opioid drug.
- Relaxation: Gets relaxed resulting in a happy you. The reasons can be attributed to the relaxing effect of the muscles in the body and also the release of feel-good chemicals in the brain that makes the person feel mentally and physically relaxed and calm.
- Increased energy: Kratom high makes the person feel high on energy. The drug relaxes the tension in the muscles and provides energy for doing various activities.
Kratom can provide the users with a more friendly and energetic feeling. It helps them in concentrating, but only if the user consumes a small dosage. It can even have a calming, sedative effect a slightly larger amount is taken.
But it’s entirely different from the opiates since it doesn’t have adverse effects and addictive tendencies like them.
Since it has several benefits and mild side-effects, kratom is considered as natural medicine and is made legal in various states.
The kratom high which few users might have experienced is true, but its more logical and way different from the high one gets from other opioid drugs.
Last Updated on