Kratom tea is mind-refreshing and energy-enhancing beverage with an ancient history of use. It has been of notable importance in the Southeast Asian countries, in particular among the local people of Malaysia, Thailand, and Indonesia.
Kratom tea has replaced coffee in the lives of these locals as it provides them with energy and power.
The Kratom tea is prepared using the leaves of a tree, Mitragyna Speciosa, which are enriched in compounds to stimulate the brain.
While there are many ways to use a Kratom in making herbal teas, crushed leaves are preferably used as they don’t require any special equipment.
Don’t know how exactly to make Kratom tea using crushed leaves? This article is what you have been looking for.
Different ways to use Kratom
There are a lot of ways to use Kratom. The leaves of the tree can be chewed or smoked. Kratom capsules are available so that the user does not have to cope with the bitter taste of Kratom. The Kratom leaves can also be dried and crushed into fine powder.
Toss and wash method is a popular way of consuming this herb. It can be used in shakes to obtain all the benefits while giving a treat to the taste buds.
Some users make Kratom Tinctures use in place of their morning coffee for a power boost.
Different types of teas can also be made from their extracts. Kratom tea bags and Kratom Resins are also used to make the best kind of herbal teas.
Using crushed leaves of Kratom
An easy technique for using Kratom are brewing its leaves into a herbal tea. There is no need to use any particular equipment. Only a strainer or tea ball is enough to make a good Kratom tea out of crushed leaves.
The fundamental goal while preparing a tea using crushed leaves of Kratom is to extract its active components maximally.
Kratom tea can be made from both dried and fresh leaves by extracting them. The correct amount of leaves required for making tea depends upon several factors.
The tolerance level of a user and the type and strength of the Kratom strain used determine the quantity to be used.
The potency or the concentration of the tea can also vary by using water in different amounts.
For example, a relatively mild tea can be prepared using 10 grams if crushed Kratom in 500 mL of water. If 20 grams of leaves used, the herbal tea will result in carry a powerful punch.
The complete recipe for making a Kratom tea
The simplest way of using crushed leaves of Kratom in a herbal tea requires water, and the Kratom leaves themselves. The method is summated below:
- Take approximately 50 grams of Kratom leaves and dry them.
- Crush the dried leaves and place them in a pan.
- Add about 1 liter of water into the pan and place it on the stove.
- Let the mixture boil for about 15 to 20 minutes for some time.
- Turn the stove off and pour the mixture through a sieve, reserving the liquid. Don’t forget to squeeze the leaves accumulated in the strainer to get any leftover liquid out of them.
- Now put these leaves back into the pan and add more water in it.
- Repeat the process to get the most out of the leaves being used. The leaves can be disposed of after using them for the second time.
- Combine the two liquids and put them back into the pan for boiling. Keep it boiling until its volume is decreased to around 100 ml.
- Pour the final mixture into a cup and enjoy your homemade Kratom tea.
This is a universal method of preparing Kratom tea and can be customized by anyone according to his taste and needs. The water volume and the amount of leaves can be adjusted to vary the strength of the tea.
Kratom tea can be stored in the freezer up to five days after which it becomes unsafe for consumption. An addition of a small amount of alcohol in the Kratom tea will allow the users to store it safely for months.
According to a user review on Reddit, the herbal tea from the crushed leaves of Kratom is of immense use. The user tried it using only 1 oz of Kratom leaves and reported an instant improvement in his mental health and chronic pain. It took 10 minutes for the tea to work.
The crushed leaves in the tea provided him with a mood lift and a pain-killing effect.
How much Kratom leaves must be used?
Knowing about the proper dose of Kratom is vital before making a herbal tea. Each strain of Kratom consists of a different potency; therefore, its leaves must be used carefully.
The best way for a user to decide an ideal dose for him is by experimenting.
The lowest dose of Kratom leaves should be utilized in the making a tea and must be increased gradually. Here are some guidelines for people questioning how much leaves to use in their Kratom tea.
- Beginner’s Dose: 1 to 3 grams of crushed leaves are perfect for the people who are just beginning to use Kratom. This is because at a dose the low effects are prominent but less pronounced. Also, these effects tend to last for a shorter period of time.
- Moderate Dose: For users who have been using Kratom leaves for a while now, 3 to 5 grams of crushed leaves are sufficient. The effects are slightly more prominent, and users feel stimulated.
- High Dose: Users who want to benefit from the sedative properties of Kratom, a high dose is recommended. 5 to 7 grams of Kratom leaves are used to achieve this dose in a herbal tea.
- Very High Dose: People who have high tolerance levels can even use 10 gram or more of Kratom leaves. The leaves tend to make a strongly sedating herbal tea. A very high dose is recommended for the experienced users only and marked as unsafe for others.
What are the effects of Kratom tea?
Kratom tea is extensively used for the beneficial effects it has on the body of the user. According to a study published in the Journal of Psychoactive Drugs, it was seen that one of the biggest reasons why Kratom people use kratom because of its pain relieving property.
Kratom tea has soothing effects on the body, and it helps the patient to relax.
It is enriched Mitragynine, which provides opiate-like effects as said by research published in the Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. Hence, the tea can be used to withdraw from opiate drugs.
Social anxiety is reduced, and a person achieves peace of mind. Kratom tea can sometimes be used for getting a sound sleep. It has a strong sedative effect which makes it perfect for tackling stressful situations.
Leaves of some particular strains provide a user with an energy boost and an instant mood enhancement. Perfectly brewed herbal teas can raise a person’s immunity and enhances his mental focus.
Last Updated on