With a regular intake of Kratom, one starts feeling that the effects of Kratom are not showing up. This may be due to tolerance i.e. that your system gets accustomed to the dose and the receptors stop responding to that treatment. Or it could be to increasing pain or increasing insomnia, for which you are required to increase the dose.
Do you get tired of taking a dose of Kratom after every few hours? Do you hate taking two to three tablespoons of Kratom at once? Do you wait for the effects to show up? How long does your kratom effects last? If you are looking for a solution, you are at the right venue. We have an answer to you.
Now you can make Kratom extract at home following simple steps. Yes, it’s cheaper than the one you get from online vendors, and it has no additives at all, so you now that the Kratom extract you are taking is of pure quality.
Let’s have a look at the method of making Kratom extract at home, but before that let’s highlight the benefits of Kratom extract.
Benefits of Kratom extract
- You don’t have to worry about measuring doses anymore. Kratom liquid extract is easy to measure and prepare.
- It’s more economical than the powder form.
- As it is more concentrated, it gives sharper effects.
- It relieves pain quicker than powder.
- The effects appear quickly and last longer than usual.
- It has a longer shelf life.
Types of Kratom extract
- Kratom resin extract: It is known to be the most effective extract. It is easy to store and it is quite expensive.
- Kratom tinctures: It has a faster onset of action and is considered quite potent.
- Enhanced leaf: This type of extract is the most potent and has fewer side effects as compared to other extracts. It is used by those who suffer from chronic pain. One of the drawbacks of this type is that with the use of Enhanced leaf, one build up tolerance quite quickly.
- Water-based extract: It is the universal form of extract. Raw Kratom leaves are dissolved in water, and after straining the leaves/powder, the water allowed to evaporate. This way the concentration of alkaloids is increased. It has very few side effects.
How is Kratom extract made at home?
The ingredients that are required to make Kratom extract at home include the following;
- Large quantity of raw leaves of Mitragyna Speciosa
- Citric Acid
- Dark bottle for extract
- Ph strips
- Fine strainer
So basically we make the Kratom extract by enhancing the concentration and potency of the active ingredients. Leaves of Kratom plant are taken and dissolved in a mixture of ethanol and water. The mixture is placed in a sealable jar. 1 liter of alcohol/water mixed with 8 ounces of Kratom. Now it’s time that you add citric acid. This acts as a preservative. Use ph strips to check that the ph of the mixture has dropped to 4. Seal the container and shake the mixture vigorously for a couple of minutes.
- Once you are done with shaking, keep the sealed container in a dark place for a week or two.
- After the week is up, you will need to strain the alcohol/water saturated liquid through a fine strainer.
- Take the extracted liquid and pour it back into the same glass container after discarding the leaves. Let half of it evaporate.
- After this step, pour the thick extract into a container and its ready to use.
What are the effects of Kratom extract?
The individual effects of Kratom extract depend upon the type of strain used, the concentration of the extract and the ingredients added to the extract. If you find an extract that says 15x Kratom, then it means that as many as 15 times the number of leaves were used to generate the final product.
This means that effects produced by Kratom extract will be intense in nature and thus the dose should be carefully measured and taken.
How to figure out the right dosage for yourself?
Liquid Kratom extracts are consumed via the use of a dropper. To begin your Kratom routine with Kratom extract, it is important that you use small doses initially and gradually make your way up to the optimum dose.
Below is the dosage guideline for an 8X extract. Ensure that you check the strain and concentration before following any dosage guidance.
- 1 dropper: Threshold dosage. Light effects start showing up. Usually energetic effects.
- 2 droppers: Strong dose, the effects are more relaxing and sedative in nature.
How to take the Kratom extract?
Fill the dropper and then place it under your tongue. Squeeze out the content and do not swallow it quickly. Allow it to get absorbed sublingually. (This is one of the fastest modes of absorption)
You can also add Kratom Extract into other drinks, tea, etc. Many people prefer taking it with orange juice as it enhances the potency of Kratom. Some even make Kratom tea out of it. However, due to the bitter taste, many people prefer taking it in a swift shot.