Maeng Da Kratom is one of the finest forms of Kratom, even though many people don’t know much of its effects, origins, and potency. While this strain is one of the most effective strains since 2015 its strength has not been stated as compared to the other strains.
Maeng Da Kratom is among one of the most popular strains of the Mitragyna Speciosa plant in year 2018. It is a superior version of the Thai strain, produced using the ancient art of grafting.
This refined strain is believed to be more stable, potent, and less susceptible to drastic climatic and environmental changes. Its unique blend of alkaloids provides a perfect balance between stimulating and analgesic effects, accounting for its wide use and increasing popularity.
Maeng Da Kratom
Maeng Da Kratom is the hereditarily engineered imitative of the Thai Kratom tree and is not for having high alkaloid content that is an archetypal strain.
This Mitragyna species plant is started to display great stability in its growth and is less vulnerable to changes that occur due to seasonal fluctuations.
The leaves of Maeng Da Kratom have a darker color as compared to the other Kratom and turns into a green shade in the form of grounded powdered or crushed leaves.
While there are not a lot of studies on this subject but it has been reported that the Maeng Da leaves contains more of mitragynine, 7 hydroxymitragynine, and mitraphylline active components as compared to the other varieties.
The Types of Maeng Da Kratom
Red Maeng Da Kratom
The red veined Maeng Da is believed to be one of the most potent Kratom strain. It has an intermediate composition of the alkaloids, pantetheine, and 7-hydroxymitragynine, which gives the strain its broad range of effects.
Like all red strains, it is typically used for its sedative properties, which are considered more effective and long-lasting but could also be used as an analgesic, anxiolytic as well as a mild stimulant.
Green Maeng Da Kratom
This green Maeng Da strain is the perfect solution for those who are looking for stimulation, an energy boost, mood elevation, confidence, motivation and the general feeling of happiness.
With its distinctive blend of alkaloids, it is known to be one of the fastest acting strains. Its popularity can also be linked to that fact that it doesn’t cause hyperactivity, jitteriness or any other unpleasant side-effects.
White Maeng Da Kratom
Being a strong stimulant, white Maeng Da strain has helped people perform hard monotonous activities and combat undue feelings of tiredness.
The strain is best known for its mood lifting, energy boosting and nootropic properties, because of which it is more commonly used by students. The mild euphoria, optimism and mood enhancement delivered by the plant has helped a lot of people in improving the quality of their lives.
Yellow Maeng Da Kratom
Yellow Maeng Da, also known as Yellow Horn, has originated from the white strain. Like its predecessor, it offers stimulating, energy boosting and uplifting effects. Apart from this, the strain is believed to be more stable and capable of delivering a wide array of other properties, which include sedative, pain-relieving, and cognitive effects.
Mix Maeng Da Kratom
Mixed Maeng Da is a mixture of the three different strains of Kratom, Red, White, and Green. Being very highly potent, the strain provides all the properties of the plant at the same time.
It is therefore recommended to people who are searching for a product that can deliver the full Kratom experience, including the stimulating, sedative, analgesic, anxiolytic, euphoric and nootropic properties.
Maeng Da Kratom in Capsules
Maeng Da capsules are easily available across the internet with almost all the leading Kratom vendors. The gelatin capsules have a measured quantity of high quality, finely powdered Kratom packed inside.
The capsules come in different sizes, usually ranging from size 000, which is the largest, to size 5, which is the smallest. Kratom suppliers usually use size 00 as their standard, which is one size smaller than size 000.
These capsules can hold about 546 mg or 0.546 g of Maeng Da Kratom powder. They are easy to use and swallow, and are considered as one of the most reliable means of Kratom administration.
Maeng Da Powder Vs. Maeng Da Capsules: Which one is better?
While many users still prefer the traditional toss and wash method for the administration of Kratom powder, others have gladly switched to the easier alternative; capsules. Below are some of the reasons why capsules may be preferred over Kratom powder:
- Being a dry substance, powder attracts a lot of moisture towards it. Proper Storage of Kratom powder is required. Otherwise, it may get moist and loose its potency. The powder can also be affected by mold growths, which upon intake, can cause serious health problems such as diarrhea and severe vomiting.
- Maeng Da Powder may be mistaken for a weed based substance (illegal drug) due to which it is not safe to carry it to workplaces or schools. It is also difficult to take Kratom powder in public or social gatherings, whereas capsules can be easily slipped into the mouth without anyone noticing.
- Since there is a high risk of spilling associated with the powdered form, it becomes difficult to carry the substance on long journeys.
- Kratom powder may take more effort to measure. It requires electronic scales, which are not available 24/7. Capsules, on the other hand, already have a measured amount of Kratom powder inside, due to which they can be easily consumed at any time.
- Kratom powder has a very bitter taste, and some people may find it unpleasant. There have been cases where users have reported severe nausea and vomiting on Kratom powder consumption. Capsules, being tasteless are, therefore, considered a better option in this case.
- Administration of powder requires assistance in the form of a liquid, such as water or any other drink, as it is otherwise next to impossible to orally ingest the powder alone.
- In case of carelessness or neglect, there is a chance of overdosing with Kratom powder, but Capsules are safe in this regard.
Though capsules come with a lot of advantages, there are some drawbacks associated with it too. These include;
- As one capsule can only hold around 500g of powder, too many capsules have to be taken in case of larger doses.
- The capsules are made from Gelatin, due to which they require added time to be digested, therefore showing delayed effects.
Maeng Da Kratom Benefits
- Some people have experienced and found Maeng Da to be a stronger Kratom as compared to the others while others have reported no change or difference.
- When this kratom is taken in small-sized dosage it affects are stimulating in natures as it makes you feel more alert, vigilant and awake.
- Maeng Da Kratom is one of the most cerebral strains and is often compared to using cognitive enhancers. Many users have also stated in their reviews that after taking Maeng Da Kratom they were able to concentrate more and better while they processed more information in their brain with fewer efforts.
- It helps the person in increasing productivity and experience less tiredness when working with exercises that stress you mentally like studying or working.
- Maeng Da Kratom has also remarkable effects on the mood; it makes you feel anything from a general contentment to full-on euphoria.
- Kratom customer reviews also state that this plant puts them in a positive mental state, elevates the enjoyment of their daily activities and enthusiasts a person.
- Some people also like to take it as an anti-depressant to boost their mental drive.
Usage And Dosage Instructions
Because of the high concentration levels of active kratom alkaloids, one must take 20% less Maeng Da as compared to other Kratom to feel its effects.
For leaves like Premium Indo or Red Bali you must take 5 grams to feel the effectiveness but for Maeng Da, only 4 grams is enough for positive results.
The entry dosage is said to be as less as 2 grams. Taking more than 10 grams can start sedative effects and can make you feel relaxed, sleepy and also reduce any kind of pain.
Maeng Da Kratom can last in your system for as long as 8 hours. When you are trying to buy this kratom online look for sellers who sell them in fresh powder form to ensure you get maximum absorption through active alkaloids.
Effects of Maeng Da Associated With Different Doses?
Compared to other strains, Maeng Da has a relatively higher potency, and is, therefore, able to deliver the desired effects at lower doses.
- People who are trying Maeng Da for the first time are advised to start with very low doses of about 1g. This is the threshold dose at which the person can feel subtle effects of the plant.
- A dosage of Maegn Da around 3-5g is considered moderate and is recommended for regular users.
The effects of different dosages vary, with lower doses tending to be more stimulating than the higher doses.
A user on Reddit stated” Maeng Da will definitely be stimulating FIRST and then gradually becomes more sedating”.
Another User expressed” I take Ultra White Vein Maeng Da. I never usually use more than 2-4g in a sitting, and it just motivates the hell out of me. Great feeling all the time.”
A lot of users consuming Maeng Da Kratom believed that overdosing the strain led to unpleasant side-effects, due to which they stuck to the average dosage.
One user commented “Anything over 4g, and I’ll be nauseated for hours. I do enjoy my 4g dose though.” A dosage of 7g or above is considered very high and can cause undesirably strong effects.
Maeng Da Kratom Side Effects
While the elevated potency of Maeng Da Kratom can increase the benefits there are some users who experience the increase in side effects.
- Several users have stated in their reviews that Maeng Da made them feel anxious, irritated or jittery like huge doses of caffeine.
- Individual who want to treat anxiety or stress through Kratom they should use Red Vein strain like Thai, Bali or Borneo.
- Another user also mentioned that if taking a large amount of Maeng Da the intense pleasure and euphoria can build dizziness and lack of mental clarity.
- Other side effects you might feel are stomach discomfort, nausea, lethargy, sleeplessness and respiratory depression.
- If you decide to use Maeng Da Kratom then start with a small dose of this strain to get used to its effects and record any side effects that you experience.
Can Maeng Da Kratom Show Up On A Drug Test?
Kratom, being a relatively new substance in the field of pharmacology, is still very controversial. While many people have reported that the plant shows a false positive for opiates on drug and urine tests, there are currently no examinations that are designed to reveal Kratom specifically.
Maeng Da Kratom, like all Kratom strains, doesn’t show up on many standard screening tests and is safe to consume a week before a drug test.
For added safety, users are recommended to flush out any traces of the substance from the system before appearing for a body investigation.See References:
- Prozialeck WC, Jivan JK, Andurkar SV. Pharmacology of kratom: an emerging botanical agent with stimulant, analgesic and opioid-like effects. The Journal of the American Osteopathic Association. 2012 Dec 1;112(12):792-9.
- Babu KM, McCurdy CR, Boyer EW. Opioid receptors and legal highs: Salvia divinorum and Kratom. Clinical Toxicology. 2008 Jan 1;46(2):146-52.
- ansen KL, Prast CJ. Ethnopharmacology of kratom and the Mitragyna alkaloids. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 1988 May 1;23(1):115-9.
- Rosenbaum CD, Carreiro SP, Babu KM. Here today, gone tomorrow… and back again? A review of herbal marijuana alternatives (K2, Spice), synthetic cathinones (bath salts), kratom, Salvia divinorum, methoxetamine, and piperazines. Journal of medical toxicology. 2012 Mar 1;8(1):15-32.
- Warner ML, Kaufman NC, Grundmann O. The pharmacology and toxicology of kratom: from traditional herb to drug of abuse. International journal of legal medicine. 2016 Jan 1;130(1):127-38.
- Chittrakarn S, Sawangjaroen K, Prasettho S, Janchawee B, Keawpradub N. Inhibitory effects of kratom leaf extract (MitragynaspeciosaKorth.) on the rat gastrointestinal tract. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 2008 Feb 28;116(1):173-8.
- Boyer EW, Babu KM, Adkins JE, McCurdy CR, Halpern JH. Self‐treatment of opioid withdrawal using kratom (Mitragyniaspeciosakorth). Addiction. 2008 Jun;103(6):1048-50.Jansen KL, Prast CJ. Psychoactive properties of mitragynine (kratom). Journal of psychoactive drugs. 1988 Oct 1;20(4):455-7.
- Hassan Z, Muzaimi M, Navaratnam V, Yusoff NH, Suhaimi FW, Vadivelu R, Vicknasingam BK, Amato D, von Hörsten S, Ismail NI, Jayabalan N. From Kratom to mitragynine and its derivatives: physiological and behavioral effects related to use, abuse, and addiction. Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews. 2013 Feb 1;37(2):138-51.