Kratom indeed has become a buzz word, and with the rising popularity of Kratom came the inventive approaches of people who tried to find ways to take this popular, yet healthy herb in different forms. One of the ways to consume Kratom is to prepare kratom honey balls. And, in this article, we are going to spill the beans by giving you the recipe and the perfect guide on how to make the perfect kratom honey balls at home.
Do you know what is Kratom?
Kratom is a Southeast Asian, tropical evergreen tree of the coffee family. Its existence and consumption date back hundreds of years with evidence of being used in Thailand, Malaysia, and other parts of Southeast Asia. People, including laborers, used Kratom to improve their work productivity, relieve fatigue, and relax. It was also used to treat common medical problems such as diarrhea, diabetes, fever, and pain.
Over time, the fame and usage of Kratom no longer remained limited to Southeast Asia and has, recently, flown over the continents, resulting in the global surge in demand for Kratom.
Did the history of Kratom get you excited to try kratom honey balls?
So, let us get to it!
How to Prepare Kratom Honey Balls?
Preparing kratom honey balls is a piece of cake; you need to get the hang of it. As for any recipe, utensils and ingredients are essential; Let us discuss them first.
A couple of things you will need are:
- Kratom Powder
- Spoon/mixing scraper
- Parchment paper
- Sugar/chocolate/peanut butter
- Ice cream scooper
Step by Step Guide to Make Kratom Honey Balls
- Take the desired amount of kratom powder. Ideally, you should weigh out your dosage. However, if you do not have a weighing scale, you can use a level teaspoon, which carries around 2 grams.
- Add the kratom powder in a bowl and grab a spoon or a mixing scraper.
- Add a few drops of honey and thoroughly mix it.
- Mix up well until the resulting mixture is amalgamated and sticky with a rough, crumbly texture. If you feel the mixture is a little dry and not holding well, add a little more honey. Likewise, if you think your mixture has extra honey and is too sticky, add a little kratom powder to it.
- Lay the parchment paper on the countertop.
- With your hand, scoop out a little amount of mixture and shape into balls. Feel free to use the ice cream scooper if you have one.
Tip: If you feel the mixture is sticking a lot to your hands, not allowing you to give the kratom balls a perfectly circular shape, apply a little cooking oil, powdered sugar, or flour on your hands.
- Place the kratom balls you just prepared on the parchment paper. Use the surface to roll the kratom honey balls. Alternatively, you can use the parchment paper to wrap the honey balls to store in the freezer for later use.
- Place the prepared kratom balls in the refrigerator for a few hours and wait for them to harden up.
- Some people also place them in a freezer to hasten up the process in step 8, or if they want to store to enjoy the kratom honey balls later.
- Enjoy the perfect kratom honey balls.
For your ease of mind, prepare the kratom honey balls such that each ball contains your required dosage of Kratom. That means, if, for instance, your usual preferred dosage is 2 grams and you are using 30 grams of kratom powder in all, make yourself 15 balls of equal size. This will save you from consuming extra kratom doses and will also save you from the hassle of storing the half-eaten ball.
We know that some of you are not a fan of honey. Others may get tired of the same honey taste after some time.
Well, worry no more. We got you covered!
How to Customize the Taste of Kratom Balls to the Whims of your Taste-buds?
It turns out that you can add a variety of things to flavor your Kratom balls. However, make sure to prepare the mixture consistent enough so that the added flavor and the kratom powder hold together in the desired shape, be it a ball or nugget. So, let us get into it!
- Peanut Butter
A lot of the users use peanut butter rather than honey, while some others use a combination of both. Simply replace the peanut butter with honey in the recipe, making sure the peanut butter is smooth and can mix well with the kratom powder.
We can hear chocolate lovers hooting here!
well, adding chocolate to the mixture is one of the ways to customize your kratom balls.
First thing first, you will need to melt the chocolate, the best part is you can use any chocolate you prefer, whether dark or milk chocolate or even white chocolate. Stir it well to make sure the chocolate is melted thoroughly.
- Sugar or Sweetened Condensed Milk
If you have a sweet tooth, sprinkle powdered sugar over the kratom honey balls. Alternatively, you can add sweetened condensed milk with the honey and mix the batter well.
A Few Health Benefits Associated with Kratom
One might question, why should I make kratom honey balls? Well, it is tasty and beneficial, both together, what else can one want?
Due to its diverse properties, Kratom is used for different recreational and therapeutic purposes. Kratom is and in the past used to relieve pain and fatigue. It possesses incredible calming effects which help the user relax, fight depression, and sleep well. The soothing effects, in addition to other benefits, are no doubt the reason behind Kratom’s increasing popularity.
Just Play Around with the Flavor
Kratom honey balls are, no doubt, straightforward to prepare. And, after reading the recipe and procedure above, you will need to put in a lot of extra effort to mess it up (which we are sure you won’t). Last but not least, play around with the recipe. Be creative by using different syrups or chocolates to give your choice of flavors to your kratom balls.