For hundreds of years, herbs are used for medicinal properties following a specific kratom extraction method. Kratom being one of the oldest useful herbs has so many varieties. The primary extraction method for all these Kratom strains is same, but it can be customized with a personal choice, for example, solvent, extract form (powder, tablets, tea), etc. Order Kratom online from this highly trusted vendor here.
What is the importance of pure kratom extract?
The alkaloids are accompanied by various other chemicals which don’t have any harmful effect but makes the availability of useful, beneficial alkaloids such as mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine difficult. When we extract the Kratom, the result is the purest form of it which is enriched with the alkaloids, excluding the additional chemicals. It is more potent and efficient than fresh Kratom. For this reason, people prefer a purified extract of Kratom which can either be purchased from the market or made at home.
Kratom extraction at home
Anyone who wants to get the pure Kratom but doesn’t want to pay the high cost of it can prepare it at home. Following types of extracts can be made at home.
- Water based extracts
- Liquid-based extracts (Tincture)
- Enhanced leaf extracts (UEI Kratom)
Water based extracts
Most of the Kratom extracts are made in water. They are categorized as 5x, 10x and 15x, 20x, 25x, etc. which shows how much leaf is used to make it by weight. The extraction has made it very soft so that when it is added to warm water, it dissolves within minutes.
How to make water based kratom extract?
For home made water based extraction, you need 200mg of fresh Kratom which is already finely grounded with no visible veins.
- First step is the addition of water which is enough saturate Kratom. This step requires experience and needs a careful watch. No lumps are to be made while mixing in water.
- After adding water, the mixture is heated to obtain boils along with continuous stir. Wooden spoons are preferred to be used.
- Juice of one fresh lemon or lime can be mixed which helps to extract the alkaloids out of leaves powder. As this mixture is boiled, the lemon juice is evaporated which means it makes no difference to the taste. However, it enhances the taste.
- After boiling the mixture for 20-30 minutes, you can turn the flame off and let it settle when it takes the shape of a syrup like paste.
- Kratom and lime mixture is to be filtered for which you can use a muslin bag which will help only the liquid with infused Kratom to pass. If you are using crushed leaves, a strainer can work for filtration too.
- Rubber gloves are advised to be used in straining step since the liquid is very hot, it might burn the hands.
- The leftover solid Kratom can be shifted back to the cooking pot along with more lime juice, re-boiled and re-strained to extract the reaming alkaloids.
- The boiled and filtered water is rest aside in a flat dish which makes the water evaporate.
- When most of the water is evaporated, the result is thick paste of Kratom, it might take 1-2 days depending on the consistency of the mixture.
- After one day or two, it takes the shape of a semi-sold and finally a solid but breakable shape. It can be molded to form tablets, grounded with pestle and mortar to make powder or can be used as it is by breaking a small part and dissolving it in tea.
From 200mg Powder Kratom, the pure extract can be achieved of 35-40 grams. You can make your ingredient count for obtaining the desired concentration.
Liquid extracts of Kratom are called tinctures, but they are not much popular as compared to other extract types. Their potency is minimal, and people prefer water based and tincture over it.
Resin extract is another type of Kratom extracts which retain full spectrum of alkaloids and essential oils. It is simply made with adding Kratom to polar and non-polar solvents e.g. alcohol and water.
How to make alcohol based kratom extract (resin)?
Kratom alkaloids are infused with alcohol for a primary extraction. It is prepared in the similar process as that of water based extracts. The only difference is that water is replaced with alcohol which makes the effects of Kratom more stimulant and relaxing.
To make alcohol extracts, Kratom, scales to measure Kratom, lemon juice and alcohol (Vodka or a similar liquor) are required. Isopropyl alcohol or similar should never be ingested so always select an alcohol which is fit for human consumption.
- First, the finely grounded Kratom leaves are taken in the clean container which is further weighed through scale, this selection of quantity is a personal choice.
- Next step is to add alcohol to it. There is no particular concentration set, and you can add enough alcohol to make it a paste.
- You can add lemon juice to it which helps in extraction method.
- Remember it is not heated and boiled like water-based extract. The mixture of Kratom, alcohol, and lemon juice is mixed and sealed in a bottle. Its then vigorously shaken to mix.
- Once the whole mixture is well mixed, the sealed glass bottle is put into a bigger container.
- Water is boiled separately and is poured into the bottle with Kratom and alcohol mixture. Add as much water as it takes to speed up the heating of alcohol inside the mix bottle.
- The alcohol will evaporate in minutes leaving behind a pressure inside the bottle.
- This bottle can be left in the water now but shaken now and then. You can also substitute this step by pouring cool water into the bottle which saves time.
- After one hour. You can filter the Kratom leaves through muslin sheet or a kitchen strainer. This semi-solid extract can be complete moisture free when leaving in air for a couple of hours. Once stable, this extract can be broken down into powder via coffee grinding machine or can be used as it is.
Alcohol extract is far more effective and stimulant than water-based extract. For this reason, it is preferred to be used.
Enhanced leaf extracts
Enhanced Kratom is a specialized extraction from the leaves which is associated with the higher quality of Kratom e.g. UEI Kratom. This mixture picks the most potent leaves which are vast and only these leaves are used to make Kratom powder. It allows a maximum number of alkaloids to be a part of Kratom powder which can further be purified with water or alcohol based solvents.