Kratom And Social Anxiety
Here are the different Kratom strains that can be used to reduce social anxiety and its associated problems.
1) Red Vein Indo: This is a great social anxiety killer which can be used to take control of troublesome situations. Introvert or shy people who feel anxiety at the thought of being around large crowds or a lot of people can use this to ease their nerves, and be social. It soothes nerves and allows people to process one thing at a time in a precise and controlled manner.
2) Red Bali Kratom: For those who suffer from excessive sweating, stuttering, forgetfulness, itchiness, fidgeting, etc. when interacting with others, then they can use Red Bali kratom to ease their social anxiety. It is safe for those to use even if they are in their teens or earlier, as it is a soothing and relaxing effect.
3) Maeng Da: Many users feel that they receive more help from Maeng Da strains than any other kratom variety for relieving social anxiety, tension and stress. People felt relaxed, talkative and not afraid to talk to others, even strangers.
What is Social Anxiety?
Social anxiety is an anxiety disorder where patients feel fear or interacting with other people. It is different from a Generalized Anxiety Disorder or a Panic Anxiety Disorder, because it only manifests itself in social situations, or at the prospect of a future social gathering. It causes people with social anxiety disorder to feel shy, self-conscious, embarrassed about their looks or personality traits, afraid of being negatively judged by others.
Other symptoms include choosing to remain isolated from friends, avoidance of people, not being very friendly or talkative, feeling excessive sweating, nervousness or a loss for words when meeting strangers, etc. It is a highly common disorder, which is why it is the third most common health disorder.
People usually take different anti-anxiety medications that relieve stress, calm nerves and soothe the person. However, these medications tend to have a lot of side-effects that can be harmful with long term usage. They also cause dependence and withdrawal symptoms, which is why many wish to avoid them.
Others also opt for various therapies with psychologists and psychiatrists, with the popular one being cognitive-behavioral therapy. The exact nature of a social anxiety disorder differs from individual to individual, but it can be quite difficult to manage for many. It can cause them difficulty in their jobs or be getting group tasks done.
How Kratom Can Help In Treating Social Anxiety?
Kratom helps release the chemical dopamine in the human body, which allows the user to feel happy, confident and relaxed. Excessive release of dopamine can cause euphoria or a boost in energy, which is why small dosage of kratom should be taken to relieve social anxiety.
Many scientific studies have been conducted to examine the benefit of kratom for those suffering from social anxiety. The results should be a conclusive relation between relieving social anxiety and kratom usage. Kratom acts as an opioid blocker to relieve feelings of distress, pain or tension in a similar manner as anti-anxiety medication, but without the problems of addiction. Kratom has lesser side effects than conventional over the counter anti-anxiety pills.
It is important to do research and choose the correct strain of kratom to treat social anxiety disorder. In its natural form, kratom is a stimulant which is the opposite effect of many anti-anxiety medications. That is why many strains of kratom can enhance social anxiety due to the boost in energy. The user needs to choose a relaxing and sedative strain, which will relax their nerves and give them self-confidence.
Other beneficial effects of kratom in relieving social anxiety include:
- Stress becomes easier to manage
- Encourages the relaxing of stress and worry
- Regulates energy during the daytime hours
- Stress relief from panic response
- Helps user control their sleeping patterns
It is highly recommend that the dosage taken to relieve social anxiety should be less because lesser dosage has a higher sedative effect. Users recommend taking 2-4 grams of kratom to relieve the symptoms of any anxiety disorder, but especially social anxiety disorder. Those who weigh less than 150 pounds should take 2.5 – 3 grams of kratom (roughly one teaspoon) every day. It can be reduced slowly to taking it before social activities or occasions where one might feel nervous about interacting with others.
Kratom Helped Me in Dealing With Social Anxiety – Real Life Experience
A real life story of a kratom user who suffered from social anxiety disorder comes from Jeanell from Louisiana in America. She suffered from social anxiety disorder throughout her entire life and did not like being in the company of others. She only liked being with a few people who, as she felt, understood her and were not judgmental.
After giving birth to her son, her anxiety levels shot up and she was prescribed Xanax, which is an anti-anxiety medication. However, it has a high addictive property which is why she was hesitant about taking it. However, after being pressurized, she started taking Xanax to treat her social anxiety disorder. As a result, she started feeling more distant from her loved ones, like her son, and less like herself.
At this point, she was suggested kratom and decided to take that. The results were immediately visible, and she even encouraged her husband to take it for his anxiety disorder. As a result of kratom usage, both the users are living happy and fulfilling lives. They have social gatherings and are no longer shy, and even feel like better parents and more energetic and active people now.
After getting control of her anxiety disorder, Jeanell not consumes it only before a social gathering or event. She no longer needs to take it every day, as this allows her to be safe from developing kratom tolerance.
What Other Kratom Strains Can Treat Social Anxiety
Another kratom strain that can be used is:
1) White Vein Kratom: Some users have reported feeling relaxed after taking white vein strains of kratom, as it relaxed their nerves and muscular tensions. It is rare because usually, white vein kratom has a stimulant effect but for some people, it can result in relaxation.
2) Any red vein strain of kratom can provide relief from symptoms of social anxiety disorder.
3) Another tip is to make sure that the strain is not stale or dirty or impure, meaning mixed with other substances to make it less effective. This can result in unwanted effects for the user. It is also recommended that premium quality kratom, which includes only leaf of kratom, and not the stem, is used. The leaf contains all the useful alkaloids which help relieve the effects of social anxiety disorder.